Sunday, July 17, 2011

Importance of being thankful

This week I was staying at my aunts for a few days, My aunt lives next to my grandma so I spent a lot of time up there. My Grandma has been taking taking care of my Grandpa parents for 2 years. There was a time where my grandma had both her hips replaced and needed all of my siblings help take care of my great grandparents and on top of that my aunt who is complete dependable on others. My mom would go up on the weekends to help. While I was up at my grandmas house there were a lot of visitors because my great grandma was dying. She just passed away tonight. I heard my grandma express to this visitor how grateful she was for her daughters to come and help her out and she wouldn't have been able to make it with out their help I don't think my grandma said anything like that to my mom ever. I know my mom would come home from my grandmas feeling like my grandma didn't care. This taught me a little lesson. It is important to tell people how grateful you are for them. Even if it is a small matter they still should know that you are thankful for them. For now on I am making sure that I tell people thank you a lot more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment