Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 3 (In Missouri!)

Alright!!!
Well hey!!!! 
It is so weird that the beginning of the week I was in Provo. Now I am in Missouri. I honestly  have no idea where I am at. I am just in a town called Buffalo. It is a small town where everyone smokes, missing several teeth and all have small dogs that stink up their house.
Alright on to my week!  
 Tuesday I really don't remember what happened. we had great dev. by brother Martino about member and missionary work.  So it was a pretty good end to my stay at the MTC. 
Wednesday- We all woke up at 1;30 and went to the airport.  We fly to Denver in a tiny plane and then flew to Tulsa in an even smaller plane.  We met the president and did all the stuff new missionaries do. We had a lovely dinner and went to bed. I was seriously so tired that day, but it was still wonderful. My mission president is wonderful and I LOVE Sister Shumway
Thursday- We woke up super early to start the transfer loops. Here in my mission since it is so big it takes all day to get the missionaries to there new areas there are several stops and drop off spot. I feel bad for the Assistants. They spend all day driving. We leave around six in the morning and they don't get back till almost 7 that night.  
I met my trainer. Sister Stanworth she only has 2 transfers left. I Love her. She is great!!! 
We got to our apt, and I  got to unpack and relax for a little bit then we went to dinner and taught some lessons. I taught my first lesson. Sister Stanworth said that I did really good for it being my first lesson. K we also had a little miracle but i don't have time so make a list of stories and I need to tell you and I will tell them all to you on mothers day.  

Friday- We had MCM  at our missionary leader homes. we just have less active visits today. We are helping a few women quit smoking. We also had a really really weird encounter with some old lady. I will have to tell you that one later too. 

Saturday- This was my first day tracting. It was freezing. We placed one BoM and that was about it. No one ever answers their door here. but we have to start doing more walking around town cos last month they ran out of miles like 5 days early. Our area also cover tons a little towns that are 20 or more miles away. We only get to go to those area once or twice a month. 
Sunday- I met the ward. We share a ward with the elders. We meet about 20 miles away in a town called Bolivar. That is where most members live and 70% of all the investigators are. It is kind of hard being so far away from everyone. We  had dinner at sister B's house then she came out with us to a Less active house, where we taught her the plan of salvation. E is wanting to come back to church after being a catholic for the past 8 years. We tried to meet with our less actives but they wouldn't answer the door. Sister Stanworth got something in her eye and couldn't see so we went to a members house so she could get eye drops. the members house we went too was the H's they actually have a son who is serving in the family history mission on the 6th floor.  we talked to her for a while and then headed home, to finish my training.
just some other random things. There really isn't much work to do in Buffalo. We have to get creative to find ways to fill our days. This area has only been open for 6 months. Everyone in buffalo is poor and 60% is on disability.
They do have so many cool places to take pictures. I wish I had my camera with me so bad!!!
I can't wait till spring. I am told it is so pretty here. 
My apartment is pretty big. I have my own bathroom and I have a full size bed! it is so wonderful!!!
K I know that I missed so much but I am so out of time. The librarians really don't like us and get mad if we go over our time limit. 

Love you all!!!!
Have a wonderful week!!!
LOVE, SISTER CHARLESWORTH 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment