Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Week 8 Letter: Welcome to Rogersville

Sister Stanworth and I have successfully made it to Rogersville. We got here Thursday afternoon, I wish I could say that I miss Buffalo, but sadly I can't. I am liking it here already!!! 
We are living with Members! It is the greatest thing ever!! The members we live with are so wonderful! Sister Clements is so great! Her husband has been out of town so I only met him this morning for like 2 seconds when I was doing situps. haha. I am probably going to gain like 50 pounds while I am here because The Clements have the BEST Milk ever, and I don't even like Milk!!!! But So far we have had root beer milk and chocolate milk. 
This week really wasn't much of a missionary week, sadly. We had so much cleaning and packing to do. Monday we went to Bolivar to have our last Preparation day with our wonder District. We played Quelf. But before that a cute couple in our ward in Bolivar took sister Stanworth and I out to lunch and to get our haircuts. My hair looks great, but sister Stanworth's.... well just had to go get it fixed the next day. It looks super cute now!!!! 
Our last week in Buffalo was the best week there. People were super nice to us. It was a nice change.Tuesday we went to a super cute cafe kind of place. We had been wanting to go there for the whole transfer, but every time we went it was closed! We finally found them open ate got to eat there. It was pretty good, but the best part, someone paid for our lunch!!! and the owner is married to  an Less Active. So we had a nice talk about Mormons with them. 
We walked past the senior center in Buffalo and there was a whole bunch of old people singing and playing instruments. Well some old guy opened the door and told us to go in, so we did. Sister Stanworth even sang for them.
Good News!!!! C and F finally got a divorce! They even asked Sister Stanworth and I be in there wedding. Hopefully, we can make it back there for that!!! We were so excited!! Also pray for their baby J. They found out that he has fluid on his brain and needs to get surgery 
We packed all day Thursday morning and drove to Rogersville, (Rogersville is outside of Springfield MO)Thursday we unpacked and did a lot of boring stuff that needed to get done.The same for Friday. 
Saturday I had my first zone conference. Elder Callister came!  It was a pretty long day, but I got to see sister Goody again and a few other people.Elder Callister Mainly spoke on the atonement. That was pretty great!!

I am in the best mission in the whole world!!! Last week our mission got over 3100 lessons. that is pretty much a record! 
After the meeting, sister Clements picked us up and she had a few errands to run. We went to kohls and then to Panda Express. She had never been there before, she was kind of scared to try it cos Panda is a new thing out here. But she liked it. She took us to a place called Andy's to get ice cream!!! Best ice cream ever!!!!! We went to a few other places, then went home!
Our new ward is wonderful!!!! They love doing missionary work! It snowed here yesterday, I just love how much everyone freaks out over the snow here. They all act like they are going to die. We did see a car flipped over in the ditch coming home from church. We called 911 but someone had already called it in. Since it was snowing we couldn't go out, we spent the rest of the night studying and talking with sister Clements.
Alright, this week I have learned so much!  As I have struggled the past few weeks, I have really come to learn a whole bunch of things and it seems like this week everything started to make sense. I know that My Heavenly Father Loves me and knows who I am. I know that the Atonement is so real. I am now starting to understand how powerful it really is. I am not 100% ok right now, but I know that I will be. I know that the things I am learning will help me so much during the rest of my mission and my life. I know that Heavenly father knows each of you. He loves you so much!!! He love for us NEVER changes!!
I love you all and hope your week is just wonderful!!!  
I pray for each of you every night!!!
Love, KIM (Sister Charlesworth)

Sister Charlesworth
     &
Sister Stanwoth

No comments:

Post a Comment